Glotmorf on 23 Sep 2002 05:18:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] AAAARRRGGG!!!

On 9/21/02 at 2:08 PM Wonko wrote:

>I invoke Apophis. I wish to become a Priest of Apophis.
>
>Having become a Priest of Apophis, I will now increase my Destruction. In
>accordance with r942, I can do this by decreasing any Nice Dimension by an
>integral number of points, provided that Dimension remains positive.
>
>I choose, as the first dimension to be reduced in this fashion, Athena's
>Score. [[The rule doesn't say I decrease one of *my* nice dimensions. :) ]]
>I reduce it by an amount equal to Athena's Score. I then reduce every other
>player's score to zero in the same manner. I then reduce the Activity,
>Charm, Respect, and Style of every player (including myself) to 0 in this
>manner.

Rule 942 doesn't say you can decrease "any" nice dimension; it says you can decrease "a" nice dimension.  I wouldn't say that an "a" is strong enough to assume it means someone else's.

The rule *does* say your Destruction goes up when "any other Dimension was decreased."  However, it says this in the context of the score that was decreased, which was said in the context of the priest's own destruction attribute.  I'd say that's way too much context for personal attributes to assume that anyone else's attributes are involved.  I can't see anyone ruling against a CFI to that effect.

So my score doesn't go down, and you can go to whatever Apophis uses for Hell.

						Glotmorf