Glotmorf on 21 Sep 2002 03:47:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal: Nowhere to Go but Down

On 9/20/02 at 11:29 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>-I like the Empire Grid next to the Football Grid because it means you can
>travel from one to the other. There are just no Monoliths, Rocks, Temples,
>Sirens, etc. on the Empire Grid. You could, according to your proposal,
>mine
>it your way. No reason why not.-

Moving from one to the other is precisely why I don't like the Empire Grid next to the Football Grid.  At the moment we have rules in place that restrict leaving the Football Grid, accidentally or intentionally.  Are all those going to be allowed for?  Can someone Elbonian emself into the Empire Grid?  Do sirens' ZOE reach into it?  Do gnomes pop up in it, or rain down on it?  Do big rocks?

I'm serious about the four-dimensional bit.  We could have a grid under the Football Grid, so that if someone digs down too low, or goes off the edge the wrong way, e falls down onto another grid with totally different rules.  Or we could have said grid be above the Football Grid, and build the Flats of Babel to try to reach it...

						Glotmorf