Wonko on 19 Sep 2002 03:28:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 22 VOTING RESULTS

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 9/18/02 at 11:59 PM David E. Smith wrote:
>
>> Proposal 965/0 (Night of the Living Dead Stock Market) (M-Tek):
>> AFF: bd, Glotmorf, Iain, Squire of Dimness
>> NEG: Mithrandir, The Voice, Wonko
>> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-3-0-0). Measure passes.
>> Measure is vetoed by The Administrator (technically infeasible
>> to implement. There were other, legal BNS transactions, and I simply
>> CANNOT sort out which is which, especially in light of the fact that
>> this nweek lasted almost a month of RL time).
>> M-Tek scores 9 points.
>>
>> Proposal 973/0 (Public Exposure) (Glotmorf):
>> AFF: bd, Glotmorf, Mithrandir, Squire of Dimness
>> NEG: Wonko
>> ABS: The Voice
>> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-1-1-0). Measure passes.
>> Created 946/2.
>> Created massive ambiguity, as Wonko now has stock in lots of players
>> who have not yet Gone Public.
>> [[ I can't tell you how tempting it is to veto this... ]]
>> Glotmorf scores 8 points.
>
> I'd just like to point out that the "massive ambiguity" as a result of p973
> wouldn't be present except for the veto of p965.  The whole point of p965 was
> to make existing stock holdings go away.  Are you SURE you can't implement it?

I don't see any 'massive ambiguity' here: the rule doesn't say I can't own
shares of other players who haven't gone public, just that I can't buy them.
As it is, I now own 100% of the shares in every player save myself. This
means, according to Glotmorf's new rule, that I have absolute control over
everybody's votes.

--
Wonko
Have a nice day.