Wonko dplepage on Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:07:45 -0400

[BNomic-Public] Miniplayers

I had an idea: What if we allowed people to join the game not as full
players, but as 'miniplayers' - people who could only do things like run
around on the Grid, buy stocks, etc. So people who like the idea of the Grid
could do the Grid thing, but they wouldn't have to worry about making
proposals or voting on things. For them, the Grid IS the game. For us, they
provide a way of making the Grid more interesting. Also, if they can use the
Stock Market, then they can provide that randomness we were talking about -
if three dozen people are buying and selling stock, no single player can
exert too much influence, but the prices can still be based on how well they
sell.

Is this a good idea, or am I nuts?
I suppose those aren't mutually exclusive conditions, are they?

--
Wonko