Wonko on 13 Aug 2002 00:32:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] My First Call For Inquiry

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

> I'm sure none of you want to bring this up again, but I'm making a Call For
> Inquiry:
>
> Statement: Any player may drink any glass of champagne that exists by
> announcing that e does so in a public forum, and if a glass is not specified
> when e does so, then the player drinks a glass, as chosen by the
> administrator.  As a part of this, Orc could drink every glass of champagne
> that exists, and did indeed drink that many or 5, whichever is less.[[Or
> more, if e can drink nonexistant glasses, which is not the topic of this
> CFI]].

The problem here, as the Reality Police once pointed out, lies in the
distinction between performing the action "drink a glass of Champagne", and
performing the action "drink" on "a glass of Champagne". It has already been
ruled that in this case, the action "drink" needs to be performed on "a
glass of Champagne".

The second problem here lies in the legality of drinking others' glasses of
Champagne. As the Champagne rule does not explicitly permit you to drink
glasses in the possesion of other players, the situation falls under the
jurisdiction of:

Rule 636/1
Keep your hands off!

Unless otherwise explicitly permitted by the rules, no player may modify the
state of any object in possession of another player, without the other
player's explicit permission in a public forum.

[[ Created by 598/0. Revised by 722/1. Chutzpah 2. ]]

As drinking an object is clearly altering its state, it is forbidden for you
to drink other's objects without permission.

--
Wonko
Current Status: Wealthy Bastard

P.S. Another Wealthy Bastard Prize Giveaway:

Take the word FANG. Shift each letter four lettersdown the alphabet and you
get JERK. Now, name a variety of nut in which each letter can be shifted
four spaces down the alphabet to get the name of an animal.

Prize: 200 BNS.