Wonko on 13 Aug 2002 00:14:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Now which way do I run?

Quoth bd,

> On Sunday 11 August 2002 10:57 pm, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
>> found
>> reference to "Dimships", which appear to have created quite a headache
>
> Yes, they did. Wonko(?) got two ogf them, and did a recursive loop thingy, we
> realized that it might have happened before, things went wacky, and I say
> rule 0/0 in effect.

What happened was that I bought six DimShips, and attempted to put myself
into an infinite loop where five of them would boost my entropy high enough
to cause an infinite number of entropic grid-wipes, giving each player 10
points repeatedly, and the sixth would keep me 100 points ahead of everyone
else, so I would be the one to win each time. There was then much
controversy over whether or not DimShips could build upon each other, which
resulted in the sudden discovery that the current phrasing defined my
Entropy to be some number n such that n + 500 = n. Or, in other words,
undefined. This almost led to a SOE, as many dimensions were thus undefined,
until it was pointed out that, as the dimensions rule defined dimensions as
numbers, anything that would make them undefined would need to supercede the
rule to do so, which DimShips didn't. Thus, DimShips did nothing.

That scam cost me 600 points, which kinda sucked, but it was okay, because I
won a nweek later off the Gnome Scam.

--
Wonko