Mark Haywood on 5 Aug 2002 23:42:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Woo! Proposals!

>See, I've been looking through the ruleset, and I've been finding some
>things which look a little off, and others that seem to need updating to
>the
>current state of affairs, etc. So, I make the following proposals:
>
>Proposal 1:
>{{
>__What the Hell is an Agent?__
>
>In Rule 17, replace the text "Actions occur upon reaching the appropriate
>Fora. Non-action events--i.e., events not caused by Agents--occur at
>exactly
>the times specified in the Rules." with "Actions occur upon reaching the
>appropriate Fora. Non-action events [[i.e., events not caused by Players]]
>occur at exactly the times specified in the Rules."
>}}

Dangerous. Societies make proposals too. The rule works, but if your comment wasn't a comment it'd leave society proposals high and dry.

But it is a comment. And it says "i.e.," so Societies could still be argued to be included.

Can you come up with a definition of entities with free will versus entities without free will?

Do you need one?

>Proposal 2:
>{{
>__Yesterday's News__
>In Rule 22, replace "All dimensions for all players are set to zero" in
>the
>bulleted list with "All dimensions except Respect for all players are set
>to zero."
>}}
>
>Proposal 3:
>{{
>__Solving one of the Quest's Problems__
>In Rule 33, replace "If at least one of the rules in conflict explicity
>says
>of itself that it defers to another rule (or type of rule), then such
>provisions shall supersede the Chutzpah method for determining
>precedence."
>with "If at least one of the rules in conflict explicity says of itself
>that
>it defers to or takes precedence over another rule (or type of rule), then
>such provisions shall supersede the Chutzpah method for determining
>precedence."
>}}
>
>Proposal 4:
>{{
>__Oh Yes, You'll Pay__
>In Rule 124, replace "When a player's proposal fails, e loses 1d6 points,
>unless e does not have that many points, in which case eir score simply
>becomes 0." with "When a player's proposal fails, e loses 1d6 points,
>unless
>e does not have that many points, in which case eir BNS are converted to
>points until they have enough points to cover the loss. If they do not
>have
>enough BNS to convert, eir score becomes 0 and they lose all of eir BNS."
>}}

I think I'd like to keep shillings out of the proposal-making process for now.

I don't see why. If the supply is opened up, then the Bank can't be broken. This looks like a minor setback to me.

>Proposal 5:
>{{
>__There was Something Else... Oh Yeah, a Scapegoat!__
>In Rule 126, add to the lettered list "c) The Plantiff, before a Judge has
>been chosen, naming a Defendant."
>}}
>
>And... I'm spent.

And you requested a mentor why? :)