Baron von Skippy on 30 Jul 2002 01:32:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal-Stocks

I'll be really impressed if either of you can come up with a model which
approximates the behavior of a real market. If you could, it would warrant
a Respect prop, honestly... has anyone seen Pi? :)

Remember how, in the olden days, the weather was determined by Dave looking
out eir window and telling us what the weather was where e was...

Question: What large, real-world institution approximates the behavior of a
real Stock Market?

I'll give you a clue: It starts with 'st' and rhymes with 'ock Market'

That's right! The Stock Market!

Why don't we just say, the Banker should check some online stock reports and
juggle this around based on that? ;)

--
Wonko
When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not.

-Wonko, take a nice long look at the current state of the stock market. It would be going DOWN. The real stock market runs on roughly 20 year cycles. That's a little too long for our purposes. All stocks would go Bankrupt in a few nweeks at this rate... I saw a headline recently hailing the DOW as it topped 8000. That's pretty sad, considering its 10000 level about a year ago...-

                                                  -BvS-