The Voice on 24 Jul 2002 15:34:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Gremlin Number

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 7/23/02 at 5:49 PM The Voice wrote:

>{{ __Cleanup__
>
>Create a new subsection A.4. of rule 256 entitled __The Gremlin Number__
>with the following -0- delimited text:
>
>-0-
>There exists an entity known as the Gremlinometer. The Gremlinometer shall
>contain a number, known as the Gremlin number. If the Gremlin number is
>less
>than 1, 120 shall be added to it immediately. If the Gremlin number is
>greater than 120, 120 shall be subtracted from in immediately. At the
>beginning of each nweek, the Gremlin number shall become equal to
>1d120.[[120 because it's divisible evenly by 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10,and 12.]]
>
>The nth Gremlin number shall be defined to be the Gremlin number divided
>by
>120/n, rounded up to the nearest integer. [[Thus, the 1st Gremlin number
>is
>1, the second is either 1 or 2, the third is 1,2,or 3, etc. This allows
>for
>many Gremlins to use random numbers without having to do seperate random
>rolls for each Gremlin. It also allows multiple Gremlins to work in tandem
>bcs they know the random number governing any other Gremlin that uses
>random
>numbers.]]
>-0-
>
>Repeal rule 215.
>
>}}

Wonko wanted to do something similar with eir gremlin consolidation prop. My argument at the time was that the gremlin number seems to operate independent of the gremlins, especially since none of the gremlins are, I believe, using it at the moment...

						Glotmorf

That doesn't mean it can't be in the rule, though. What if someone would create a Gremlin who did? The number was created with the intent to use it with Gremlins (read the text), so I think it should be in the Gremlin rule.

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-