Glotmorf on 24 Jul 2002 04:57:05 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] proposal

On 7/23/02 at 2:17 PM The Voice wrote:

>{{ __No More Advantage for Glotmorf__
>
>Disband M-Tek and delete its charter.
>
>}}

Why?  Ya know, there is absolutely nothing that stops you and someone else from starting your very own V-Tek, with a nearly identical charter.  You can even do it to-nday.

I never understood this.  I started M-Tek, not for the bandwidth advantage, but for the entropy advantage.  It was clear, it was obvious, it was permitted by the rules, it was something anyone (including several entropically-disadvantaged players at the time) could have done...and no one else did.  And no one else has still done.  We rehashed the society rules, we re-implemented the society rules, said rules now make it even easier than before to start one's own proposal-capable society...and not only has no one else done so, someone wants to hit me for doing it.

Tsk.

						Glotmorf