The Voice on 22 Jul 2002 20:47:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Barrel O' Proposals-- RFC

This is a request for comments-- I was thinking about tying this into the mentor pool somehow, but I wanted to make it open to everyone. Any thoughts, my esteemed colleagues?

{{ __I Hate Nomic-Player's Block!__

Create a new rule entitled __The Barrel O' Proposals__ {*Proposal, 2*}, with the following -0- delimited text:

-0-
There exists a game entity known as The Barrel O' Proposals, or just The Barrel. Any player may at any point place a proposal in The Barrel by submitting it to a public forum, explicitly stating that it is for The Barrel. A proposal in The Barrel does not count against its author's bandwidth, nor is it placed on the Ballot. All proposals in The Barrel must be available for public viewing. Any player may at any point Claim a proposal in The Barrel which was not authored by them by stating that they do so in a public forum. A proposal Claimed by a player is treated as if it was authored by them, with the following restrictions:

1) 1/3 of the points gained or lost by the proposal, rounded up, are gained or lost by its original author [[the player who placed it in the Barrel]]. The remainder of the points are gained or lost by the player who Claimed it.

2) The proposal may not be significantly altered to the point at which the intent of the original author is lost. If the original author believes that this has happened, e may inform the Administrator to that regard. The Administrator then decides whether this has occurred. If the Administrator decides that it has, then the changed proposal cannot be placed on the Ballot, and the Claiming player loses 10 points to the original author. If the Administrator decides that it has not, then the original author loses 10 points to the Claiming player.
-0-

}}

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-