Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook on 20 Jul 2002 14:08:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Alterations (wow, that was fast...)

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> >Rule
> >take
> >Whatever.

> > > -Ah, but I don't, because I'm not attempting to modify Rule 10, I'm
> > > attempting to declare it null as applies to IRs. And I'm not breaking
> >any
> > > other parts of Rule 10, either. Muahaha.-
> > >
> > >                                                    -BvS-
> >
> >Rule 33: Chutzpah defers to statements in the rule saying a rule defers to
> >other rules.
> >
> >Rule 10 says that it takes precedence over all other rules, so in order to
> >let the fight between your rule and r10 be decided by Chutzpah rather than
> >that statement, you need an explicit statement saying in your rule saying
> >it takes precedence over Rule 10, and you need a higher Chutzpah.
> >
> >Athena
> >
> -I'd have to hear a second opinion on this one, since neither rule defers to
> the other, Rule 10 declares precedence, and there's nothing there about
> Chutzpah taking a back seat to precedence, and my prop already has a higher
> Chutzpah (13 to 10).-
>
>                                                    -BvS-

Rule 33: "If at least one of the rules in conflict explicity says of
itself that it defers to another rule (or type of rule), then such
provisions shall supersede the Chutzpah method for determining
precedence."

Doesn't that say Chutzpah takes a back seat to precedence?

Athena

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
	"All our belief systems, religions, and governments are the result
of a series of mistakes that turned out to be better at making copies of
themselves after all."
	-Richard Brodie
	http://www.memecentral.com/Level3.htm

	"We look at the world through windows on which have been drawn
grids (concepts). Different philosophies use different grids. A culture is
a group of people with rather similar grids. Through a window we view
chaos, and relate it to the points on our grid, and thereby understand it.
The ORDER is in the GRID."
	-The Principia Discordia
	Jeremy Cook
	The Goddess Athena