Glotmorf on 20 Jul 2002 06:39:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 20 BALLOT

On 7/20/02 at 2:24 AM Dan Waldron wrote:

>> >Proposal 881/1: Who said games were supposed to be easy? (Dan)
>>
>> No. If the game affects non-public-forum communication, doesn't that
>make all non-public-forum communication part of the game state?
>
>This proposal does not affect non-public-forum communication!  Can't I
>make that clear?
>
>It uses non-public-forum communication as an input device to adjust
>players' scores.  But the communication is unregulated.  I thought we had
>discussed this already.

Tsk.  What's the fundamental difference between prohibiting an action through the rules and attaching penalties to the same thing?  Either one is going to have a limiting effect on the action.

"Uses non-public-forum communication as an input device to adjust players' scores."  Isn't that like saying speed limits use cars as an input device to collect additional taxes?  Or a mugger uses a pistol as a form of expression to persuade more equitable distribution of wealth.

Again, I say tsk.

						Glotmorf