Glotmorf on 18 Jul 2002 06:34:12 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Ballot timing?

On 7/18/02 at 2:24 AM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>the
>>the
>>the
>> >nweek

>>drop-dead

>>doing
>>about
>>mildew

>> >Mr.
>> >the

>> >-Thus allowing for a Recognizer and such. *sigh* Baron said to leave it,
>> >but
>> >no-o-o... ol' mildewy (sounds like a detergent scent) Glotmorf had to go
>> >messing with stuff... Shoulda listened to Baron. Damn, Baron's stuck
>> >talking
>> >in the third person.-
>>
>>I'll thwack the Baron on the side, to see if it makes em unstuck.
>-"He's out of whack." "So whack him."-
>>
>>Aside from that, if, by "messing with stuff", e meant my most recent
>>proposal, that's not really meant to rectify the discrepancy.  That prop
>>follows the same logic as the one that turned the Clock off at the end of
>>each nweek.
>>
>>Hmm...I suppose I could word this prop that way too...The Clock turns off
>>at the beginning of the second-to-last nday of each nweek.  The Clock
>turns
>>back on if that nweek's ballot has been distributed, and all proposals on
>>the ballot are displayed for public review.  Whaddaya think?
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>>
>-Glotmorf, what time zone do you live in that you can be thinking clearly
>at
>this hour, Korean? I don't see the need for this debate, personally. We've
>been doing it the way we've been doing it for 20 nweeks now, so let's just
>harf it the way it is (did I use that word right?). Why keep turning the
>clock on and off?-

East coast US, actually.  I just happen to be narcoleptic.

The reason for turning the clock off if the ballot isn't out and if the proposals aren't updated is that I'd like to be sure I have sufficient time to look over the ballot and proposals before I vote on them.  Right now, for example, there are a bunch of proposals that aren't easily visible because Dave's been too busy to respawn the static rule and proposal lists.  I could figure out what the current proposals are by looking through my mail archive...I could even apply all the revisions posted...but I want to know precisely what Dave thinks the proposals are that we're voting on, and I'd like time to think about my votes (and editorialize, possibly even wittingly, in the process) once I can see the proposals.

As with the Rule 3 change, I do not in the slightest begrudge Dave a more dynamic lifestyle than my own (and I envy him slightly for having a lifestyle sufficiently unencumbered as to permit such things), but I would rather like to have the game time I need unimpacted by it.

						Glotmorf