Baron von Skippy on 18 Jul 2002 06:25:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Ballot timing?

>> >end
>nweek

>> >Thing?

>> >-Enter Baron's method for dealing with stuff that we may have been doing >> >wrong for a long time without noticing. Baron says to stop talking about
>> >it
>> >and ignore it until it can be fixed, dammit. (Speaking in the third
>>person
>> >is optional.) Do it next nweek, and don't make a fuss until then, mildew
>> >man.-
>>
>>It occurs to me, belatedly, that this may well be a feature -- it gives
>Mr.
>>A an nday between the time proposals can't be submitted or changed and
>the
>>time he has to get a ballot out.
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>>
>-Thus allowing for a Recognizer and such. *sigh* Baron said to leave it,
>but
>no-o-o... ol' mildewy (sounds like a detergent scent) Glotmorf had to go
>messing with stuff... Shoulda listened to Baron. Damn, Baron's stuck
>talking
>in the third person.-

I'll thwack the Baron on the side, to see if it makes em unstuck.
-"He's out of whack." "So whack him."-

Aside from that, if, by "messing with stuff", e meant my most recent proposal, that's not really meant to rectify the discrepancy. That prop follows the same logic as the one that turned the Clock off at the end of each nweek.

Hmm...I suppose I could word this prop that way too...The Clock turns off at the beginning of the second-to-last nday of each nweek. The Clock turns back on if that nweek's ballot has been distributed, and all proposals on the ballot are displayed for public review. Whaddaya think?

						Glotmorf

-Glotmorf, what time zone do you live in that you can be thinking clearly at this hour, Korean? I don't see the need for this debate, personally. We've been doing it the way we've been doing it for 20 nweeks now, so let's just harf it the way it is (did I use that word right?). Why keep turning the clock on and off?-

                                                  -BvS-