Glotmorf on 18 Jul 2002 04:07:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: proposal - Right to Privacy

On 7/17/02 at 9:58 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>> > -Forgot, also, the second part, about making only LOGAS actions on a
>>public
>> > forum illegal, dosn't work. You can send HTML mail and have unbridled
>> > hostility (TM) on spoon-discuss.-
>> >
>>And do we really want to penalize that? It isn't a public forum, so it
>>shouldn't be bound by game restrictions. I think if we're going to say
>>that what's not part of the game can't be regulated, we should say
>>spoon-discuss shouldn't be regulated.
>>Thoughts?
>>
>>Athena
>
>-You speak sense, except... Where else would the latter be done? Unless a
>rule or CFI is really, really mean, hostilityis mostly expressed over
>-discuss. Also, HTML mail can screw people up no matter which list it's
>sent
>to.-

'Course, my solution to HTML mail, reluctantly employed recently, was to disable the display of HTML mail in my client/browser.  This after, God help me, my email started spawning pop-up ads...

I wonder if Kant would agree that the delivery of kicks in the ass was a categorical imperative...

						Glotmorf