Baron von Skippy on 17 Jul 2002 20:12:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] proposal

>{{
>__Who said games were supposed to be easy?__
>
>delete ",and comments" from the last paragraph of rule 154, subsection
>B.6.
>
>append to same rule and subsection the following
>
>{{
>
>These restrictions also apply to any non-public forum communication with
>players on the subject of this game or nomic games in general.  A player
>violating this restriction in a non-retractable way [[for example where
>the transgression was during the exchange of information not some action
>that can be disallowed]] shall have eir score reduced by the admin 10
>points per email message, conversation, or simmilar amount of information
>up to a maximum of 50 points per nday and 100 points per nweek.  A
>player's score shall not be reduced to fewer than zero points in this way.
>There shall be no penalty if the transgression is not noticed by or
>brought to the attention of the administrator within an nweek of having
>been commited.
>}}
>}}
>
>Dan

No. No, and again no. We can't regulate "non-public-forum" communication, because that includes casual email, phone, face-to-face, totally unrelated nomic games and/or webpages...No. Maybe in a face-to-face game among friends we can try to regulate each other's real world, but not here.

And if we can't use comments to at least explain what the monosyllabic gibberish is supposed to mean it would royally suck. In my opinion.

						Glotmorf

-Also, DAMN, that's a strict penalty. 10 points per transgression? Oh, and something else just occured to me. At the time I joined this game, I had a Nomic game going with friends, face-to-face, and it is easily concievable we could start another one up. Are you telling me that I would have to speak in monosyllables amidst people who do not play this game whenever the subject of this or any other Nomic game arises? Unless you've got some sort of observation system of Big Brother magnitude, how can you possibly be sure I'm complying? That's nuts, and I refuse to allow this game to bind me so.-

                                                  -BvS-