Dan Waldron on 17 Jul 2002 06:22:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] proposal

> No.  No, and again no.  We can't regulate "non-public-forum"
> communication, because that includes casual email, phone,
> face-to-face, totally unrelated nomic games and/or webpages...No.
> Maybe in a face-to-face game among friends we can try to regulate each
> other's real world, but not here.
>
> And if we can't use comments to at least explain what the monosyllabic
> gibberish is supposed to mean it would royally suck.  In my opinion.
>
> 						Glotmorf

Wait before you jump to conclusions about this one.  Read the bit about
the fines at the bottom.  If you really _have_ to use a multisyllabic word
the fine is only 10 points.

There's more!  It only regulates conversation with players in this game on
subjects relevant to this game and the slip has to be caught within an
nweek.  So I can tell my non-playing friends anything I like.  You can
post non-game-related messages to the email list without penalty.
Finally, if you and I have an off-list conversation we can use whatever
length of words we like if as long as the admin doesn't find out.

Dan