Glotmorf on 15 Jul 2002 02:40:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Minister Salary Cap

On 7/14/02 at 10:32 PM The Voice wrote:

>>From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
>>Subject: Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Minister Salary Cap
>>Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:31:24 -0400

>> >Since when is "M-Tek" monosyllabic?  I pronounce it "emm-tech"... grr.
>>
>>Quite.  But it's two monosyllables strung together with a hyphen, as
>>opposed to a single polysyllabic word.
>>
>>My entropy was a bit high that day, you see.
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>>

>Ah, I had forgotten about that.  Perhaps we should do away with Entropy
>restrictions now that there isn't an easy way to get around them...

I still like entropy restrictions as a way of making the game challenging in proportion to success.  You're welcome to bring back DimShips in some coherent form (though I'm still contemplating the idea of patents on game concepts...:), but aside from that, societies are a way to get around entropy restrictions and share the wealth as well.  Players who like playing, but don't hardheadedly devote as much time and bandwidth as others, can trade on their unused bandwidth and low entropy to share in the rewards of other players' proposals.  I'm surprised this wasn't explored by more people...

						Glotmorf