Wonko on 12 Jul 2002 00:41:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] prop 841

Quoth Dan Waldron,

> So what happens if the administrator makes a statement about the gamestate
> to which I disagree, and I object?  In fixing the case where the mistake
> is missed you have broken the case where an objection would force a
> correction.  The Admin can claim to be suppressing the rule at the time
> when my objection is made, without telling anyone.  Which basically means
> that e can do whatever e likes to the game state and ignore our objections
> when it is convenient for em.
>
> smooth.
>
> Dan Waldron

If e's suppressing the rule, then the rule as a whole is suppressed. If e's
suppressing your objections, e's suppressing the part that legalizes
everything too.

Besides, if the admin decides to be evil, e can break the game at any time,
can't e? If e were to go and start making random changes to the rules page,
we probably wouldn't even notice until it was too late.

--
Wonko