Glotmorf on 8 Jul 2002 02:33:11 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 19 BALLOT

On 7/7/02 at 8:59 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> On 7/7/02 at 9:05 AM Wonko wrote:
>>
>>> Quoth Glotmorf,

>>> Um... There is. It's in the rule where it was originally. I'm creating a
>>> new
>>> rule, not replacing the old one.
>>
>> Ah.  My mistake in that aspect.  But then, why is the gnome type that's
>"on
>> sale" more expensive than when not on sale?  Is this a bug, a feature,
>or a
>> sardonic comment on the American retail industry?
>>

>Um... 5 points for a specific Gnome (10 if yer non-vSOI), or 3 if it's on
>Sale (7 for non-vSOIers)... Three *is* still less than five, isn't it? ;)

*sigh* I do read these.  I really really do.  I keep my eyes open while I do and everything...

>>> prevent..."
>>> what
>>>>

>>> Actually, that really ought to be 'to what IT would now be'. Can that be
>>> rectified?
>>
>> No, it was right the first time in context.  I just didn't quote the full
>> context.  It's "the rules and the gamestate shall be altered to what
>they now
>> would be."
>>
>> I still don't like it, though. :)
>
>What's wrong with it? We know what the gamestate would be - we've been
>playing with it that way. I suppose, even if this fails, we'll still act as
>if it were there, whether we want to or not. It just won't be legal ;)

It's always struck me that that whole concept can be exploited somehow.  It's like the whole "information particle" idea in quantum physics...My scifi saturated brain keeps telling me that if said particle could be intercepted it would Really Fuck Things Up.

						Glotmorf