Glotmorf on 7 Jul 2002 18:06:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] For what it's worth...

On 7/7/02 at 9:56 AM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> {{ _The Scavengers_
>>
>> There exists a Society called the Scavengers.
>>
>> The initial list of Members consists of all currently Active Gremlins.
>>
>> Any Player who is a member of a football team can join the Scavengers by
>> declaring eir desire to do so on the Public Forum.
>
>Who IS a football player? Why?

The football teams and the members of same are listed on the roster.

>> Any Active Gremlin who is not a Member of the Scavengers automatically
>becomes
>> a Member at the beginning of a nweek.
>
>Did we ever actually settle whether it was 'nweek' or 'enn-week'?

Massive precedent seems to suggest "nweek".  I don't think there are any instances left where "nweek" is preceded by "an".

>> Any Gremlin who is a Member of the Scavengers ceases to be a Member if
>it goes
>> into Hiding.
>>
>> The Scavengers has a Resource Pool for carryable grid objects.  Any
>carryable
>> grid objects other than Players and Gremlins can be added to the Resource
>> Pool.
>
>What, no toads? ;)

Did I say no toads? :)

>> If a Gremlin is on the Grid and in the same location as one or more
>carryable
>> grid objects at the beginning of the nweek, it randomly picks one up and
>adds
>> it to the Scavengers Resource Pool.
>
>Doesn't this have to be a rule, then, not merely a charter? Gremlins can't
>pick up grid objects, so a society can't force them to.

It'd need a rule to accompany it, yes.  So it'd probably be accompanied with a proposal.

>> Players who are Members of the Scavengers can take an object from the
>Resource
>> Pool once per nweek, and can add objects to the Resource Pool at any
>time.  If
>> a Player attempts to take an object from the Resource Pool without having
>> added an object to the Resource Pool since the last time e removed an
>object,
>> or since joining the Scavengers, e is immediately ousted from the
>Scavengers.
>
>You might want to add 'and the object is returned to the Pool' - otherwise
>someone could join, take something (being ousted in the process), then join
>again, and keep doing it 'till they've cleaned out the Pool.

I used the word "attempts" to suggest that e gets ousted while in the act of taking an object but before the object is taken, but I could be more specific.

						Glotmorf