Wonko on 4 Jul 2002 03:50:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 7/3/02 at 6:38 PM Wonko wrote:
>
>> {{
>> __Cleaning up everything__
>>
>> Prevent all societies declared in the past nweek from existing.
>>
>> Change the sentence "All Members of a Society auto-vote "yes" on any
>> proposal the Society submits." in rule 578 to read "All Players in a
>> Society
>> auto-vote "yes" on any proposal the Society submits."
>>
>> Change the sentence "Players in the list other than the Player declaring
>> the
>> Society must state their acceptance of membership into the Society in the
>> same nweek as the declaration, or will be dropped from the list of initial
>> Members." in rule 578 to read "Entities in the list other than the Player
>> declaring the Society must state their acceptance of membership into the
>> Society in the same nweek as the declaration, or will be dropped from the
>> list of initial Members. "
>>

>> }}
>
> "Prevent"?  You're writing this based on the assumption that the societies in
> question don't exist yet.  This is a flawed interpretation of the rules on
> your part.  If the societies do in fact exist at this time (and I maintain
> that they do exist), this proposal becomes another violation of Rule 204.

"If, at the end of the nweek in which the Society was declared, a proposal
that nweek has barred it from existing, or the Society would have no
Members, the Charter is discarded and the Society does not exist."

I'm proposing to bar the societies from existing. If it passes, the Charter
is discarded and the Society does not exist.

--
Wonko