Glotmorf on 27 Jun 2002 22:08:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 18 BALLOT

On 6/27/02 at 2:46 PM The Voice wrote:

>> >Proposal 801/0: Let's Take A Look at the BIG Channel 6 Weather Map!
>(The
>> >Voice)
>>
>>No.  The way it reads, the Weather Man can update the weather as much as
>>wants.  Which means, unless the speed limit rule is passed, The Voice
>>scores a Win next nweek if e performs 500 weather updates.
>
>The way I understand the Ministry rules is that they must follow all the
>other rules.  The other rules say that the weather is updated on the 1st
>and
>6th ndays, and when a weather gnome is crushed.  Since this is defined, it
>is not (and therefore cannot be) updated at any other point.  Thanks for
>making me seem more clever than I actually am, though.

Go ahead, then.  Just shatter my delusions about you. :)

Seriously, the existence of one rule that says things can be done one way doesn't preclude the existence of another rule that says the same things can be done another way.  Interesting example you gave with the weather gnome...If the weather rule exclusively regulated weather updates, the weather gnome wouldn't work either.  The purpose of regulating an action is so that someone doesn't come up with some totally arbitrary action that doesn't agree with the rules.  Rules don't go against an event's regulation...they ARE an event's regulation, even if cumulatively.

						Glotmorf