Glotmorf on 25 Jun 2002 01:19:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] DimShip redo

On 6/24/02 at 6:08 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> On 6/24/02 at 10:08 AM Wonko wrote:
>>
>>> Quoth Glotmorf,
>>>
>>> I can also see this getting way out of hand. Since under your proposal
>>> DimShips can be moved as many times per day as their pilot wants, and
>since
>>> we already have a precedent for pseudocode actions, I could issue the
>>> action:
>>>
>>> While (I have not rescided this action) {
>>> if (I have the sushi) and (by changing my DimShip's values I could be at
>>> the
>>> same location as another player) {
>>> I move my DimShip to that player's location;
>>> I shoot the Sushi at that player;
>>> I move my DimShip back to where it was before this action took effect;
>>> }
>>> }
>>
>> The short answer is, yes, you can do that.  The slightly longer answer
>is,
>> yes, though you'll have to pick the Player to do it to, unless you're
>content
>> to shoot at a random target.
>>
>> Not sure how it constitutes "way out of hand".  Hellatiously dynamic,
>yes, but
>> I consider that, not a bug, but a feature.
>
>But what if two players do it, and they get in range of each other with the
>Sushi? Then the owner of the Sushi is impossible to determine - as soon as
>one of 'em gets it, it moves to the other immediately, and vice versa.
>Additionally, it'd then be impossible to determine their dimensions either,
>as they'd be flying back and forth between two locations an infinite number
>of times per second. I'd say unknowable dimensions count as "way out of
>hand".
>
>You could fix this by forbidding people to fire the Sushi on the day they
>recieved it, by making all DimShip moves wait until the end of the nday to
>take effect, or by forbidding pseudocode actions. Or by doing all three - I
>think that might be better.

"In addition to the above, if a Player possessing the Sushi occupies a DimShip with a Gun, e may, once per nweek, shoot the Sushi at a Player in a DimShip in the same realm.  This is equivalent to forcefully giving the Sushi to another Player, but does not require the Sushi to be owned for four ndays. (This takes precedence over Rule 213.)"

I only let em do it once per nweek, guy.  Yes, everyone with access to a Gun can do it once in that nweek, but it stops with the first person who gets it and has already shot it.

						Glotmorf