Glotmorf on 20 Jun 2002 03:17:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Less is More: Clubs

On 6/19/02 at 3:37 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> A Society is a group of one or more entities known as Members of the
>Society.
>> A Society may convey certain privileges, restrictions or
>responsibilities to
>> its Members, subject to the rules of the game.
>
>Why 'entities'? Do you want us to be able to add non-player things to
>Societies, like Gremlins and Gnomes?
>
>We don't technically have a definition of an 'entity'.
>Here's the standard English (American Heritage Dictionary):
>
>Entity (n.)
>Something that exists as a particular and discrete unit.
>
>So if I had a club, I could add to it, say, the Scoring Gremlin, a dozen
>Ice
>Gnomes, the Gremlin Fund, the LOGAS, M-Tek, the Grid, and the Ruleset...
>and
>my Charter would govern all of them.

Interesting point, though the Charter could only make them do things the rules allow them to do.  As for M-Tek, the Prez could mandate that M-Tek resign, and therefore it wouldn't be a member of your Society against its own will.

My use of "entities" isn't new; the current Societies rule uses it.  I was intrigued with the possibilities of it, for reasons similar to my reasons for insta-rules.

						Glotmorf