Dan Waldron on 18 Jun 2002 22:35:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Mega-Proposal (here we go)

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Rob Speer wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 04:21:55PM -0400, The Voice wrote:
> > Whether or not you plan to vote against it, it would still be a good idea
> > to do what he says-- if they all pass, then we have some rules that we
> > don't have categorizations for... that would probably be a Bad Thing (TM).
>
> Then it's a flaw in the rule. Rules that don't account for unexpected
> situations are exactly what caused the DimShip confusion.

No such flaw exists.  You are jumping to conclusions about my proposal.
Admittedly there used to be just such a flaw, but I tracked it down in the
latest revision and fixed it.

Rules not mentioned in the category list at the beginning are
automatically made into mutable rules.

New rules enacted after the proposal is in effect are automatically made
into mutable rules unless specified otherwise.

If everything passes my proposal will work just fine because I planned for
exactly this situation.

In general it is impossible to account for "unexpected situations".  Once
a situation has been accounted for it is no longer unexpected.  Other
unexpected situations may remain.  In the many revisions through which my
proposal has been I have accounted for a great many formerly unexpected
situations.

Dan