David E. Smith on 8 Jun 2002 02:35:19 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: my REAL refresh prop

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Wonko wrote:

> > [[ This is merely resetting the clock "by hand" and not actually rolling
> > time forward. Since voting and vote-counting never happened for nweek 17,
> > there won't be any penalties involved. This also circumvents a lot of
> > other ugly end-of-nweek things, like paying the Ministers, Rocky, and so
> > on.  Things that occur at the BEGINNING of an nweek will happen normally. ]]
>
> Things that happen at the end of the nweek will happen too. The Clock rule,
> number 2, I think, defines an nweek to be the time between two consecutive
> changes of the clock's nweek meter. Setting it to 18 nweeks would change it,
> causing the nweek to end.

But since we're in an Emergency, we can pretty much circumvent any other
rules we want. That's the nifty thing about it. :-)

I'm open to suggestions on better ways to phrase things, so that my intent
is unambiguous (in a legal sense) but I think you see what I *want* to do.
(And if my prop is the one adopted, I'm the one who has to implement it,
so that, as they say, will be that. :)

...dave