Wonko the Sane on 6 Jun 2002 15:44:53 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: comments on Refresh Proposals

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: spoon-discuss: comments on Refresh Proposals
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:18:53 -0400

On 6/6/02 at 6:04 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>Glotmorf: nice titles. I'd prefer if the Clock were set to nweek 18 if we
>go that way, though; otherwise, I'll have to delete stuff wholesale from
>the database, and I'd like to preserve these things for posterity and so
>on.

At the moment the Grid is on Fire, and I thought it was perhaps best if it was kept that way; would setting to nweek 18 change that, since the Fire goes away at the end of the nweek?

Also, how would preserving the nweek 17 items work with "Discard all proposals and CFIs made since the end of nweek 16 with no penalty to their submitters"?

The Fires would all go out if we jumped to nweek 18, as the Clock's nweek value would have changed, causing a new nweek to begin.

The proposals are more confusing - if we move up the end of the nweek, then logically, Voting must have already started, as it starts on the "third to last nday of that nweek". Since nobody voted, all the proposals fail, which is probably not the effect you had in mind.

However, if they were all discarded, I don't see anything wrong with that. Just leave 'em in the Database somewhere, with a little note saying the proposal was discarded. Just because they've been excised from the gamestate doesn't mean we can't write 'em down.

--
Wonko