The Voice on 30 May 2002 20:53:20 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Well, if you insist...

Quoth Glotmorf,

> Why are so many people so insistent that DimShips are to blame for the current > situation? After all, they can be fixed by changing or adding a sentence or
> two.
>
> But if people are quite sure that DimShips themselves caused the chaos...
>
> CFI statement:
>
> Glotmorf wins B-Nomic.
>
> Analysis:
>
> Glotmorf is responsible for the existence of DimShips. The very first use of > a DimShip should have triggered a game-locking paradox. Therefore, Glotmorf
> has achieved a Suberian style Nomic win.

Seems to me that achieving a Suberian-style Nomic win would require a
Suberian-style Paradox Clause, which we don't have.

--
Wonko

And besides, haven't we already determined that the phrase, "X wins B Nomic" means nothing, as "winning" is not defined in the rules while "being awarded a win" is? In fact, I believe that that makes the CFI saying that Wonko has won the game moot as well. Just because Wonko (or Glotmorf for that matter) has won or wins the game does not mean that they are awarded a win for any reason, despite the similarity in terminology.

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-