Wonko on 28 May 2002 20:07:53 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Tuesday morning)

Quoth David E. Smith,

> The following corrections are made to the voting results posted
> previously:
>
> Wonko didn't vote. E was cursed. Fortunately, the only issue affected by
> eir votes is 694 (the appeal, under the old rules, of CFI 688), which was
> probably illegal (due to how I phrased it) and is hereby vetoed in any
> event (I think we've beaten this one into the ground, folks).

Yes, I was cursed, but by r20:

"Each Player is eligible to vote on each issue on any given Ballot for the
duration of the voting for which the Ballot was issued. "

The Witch rule says I can't vote, but never declares precedence on

> Wonko buys Entropy Ships One through Five inclusive. They will launch at
> the end of the nweek. Under Rule 493, only one of those ships can affect
> Wonko's virtual dimensions (*A* DimShip is capable of carrying a Player
> through DimSpace -- emphasis added), so the other five will be sorta
> floating in DimSpace unattended. (Fortunately, there's no legal mechanism
> for piracy, so your ships are safe.)

That's just defining what a DimShip does. It never says 'Additional DimShips
do nothing'. By your logic, nothing but the very first DimShip ever
purchased could do anything at all.

Either all of them can affect my dimensions, or we only have one player (*A*
player is any entity who is capable of passing the Turing test -- emphasis
added)

--
Wonko