Glotmorf on 28 May 2002 13:50:36 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: NWEEK 16 VOTING RESULTS

On 5/28/02 at 5:06 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>Proposal 723/0 (And the Children Shall Lead) (Glotmorf):
>AFF: Glotmorf (15), Naath, Wild Card (12)
>NEG: Baron von Skippy, bd, Dan, Iain, Rob, Wonko
>Counts: (3-6-0-0). Measure fails.
>Poor Barney...
>Glotmorf loses 1 point.

...And the first dimship tale fails.  Ah well, quite a run it was.  Pity serialized forms didn't get approved...:)

Yes, there was a reason for this proposal.  Two or three reasons, actually, though one I could have laid groudwork for.

One was that it was part of the surprise I'd planned for Wonko (though he came up with a much bigger surprise, didn't he?).  Wonko argued that no one would go to that particular realm; perhaps he didn't realize that if his dimship was landed or out of commission, that realm is where he'd be.

Another reason was an idea I've been kicking around: outposts.  For those that have played Civilization, you know the process: discovery, exploration, colonization.  I figure we're up to the colonization step, but I haven't quite worked out rules for outposts that players can build in dimspace.  A hostile realm works as one, though, since it provides defensive fire; I could shoot at someone, then retreat to the Barney realm, as long as I was prepared to write a poetic form prop; anyone coming after me would have to be equally willing, or take fire from the realm.

Finally, in the spirit of the Entropy rule, I'd like to see certain things happen as we meander far enough down the dimensional axes.  And of course these things should turn downright strange as dimensions are combined.

So.  Guess I'll work on some groundwork rules, now that I don't need the element of surprise...and I wasn't sure what Chapter 8 would look like anyway...

						Glotmorf