Gavin Doig on 28 May 2002 12:55:24 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Wonko's DimShips

>  We appear to be running under the assumption that Wonko's scam didn't
> succeed, but I'm not entirely convinced by the arguments from either
> side...

The "A dimship" thing is bogus. Otherwise things like "players may make a proosal" (not a quote, just an example) wouldn't work. As Wonko points out, nomic and physics are unrelated.

Sadly, it think it still fails, because dimships only displace you from your actual location. I don't want that to be the case, but if it's not, then... well, you're on actual score 0. Your dimship sees that, and then displaces you to 100. So your dimship sees that, and displaces you to wash rinse repeat. So either Wonko's scam failed because it didn't work, everyone else with a dimship with score buoyancy is constantly winning. Neither interpretation is entirely desirable, but only one of them is broken.

uin.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup