Wonko on 28 May 2002 02:45:44 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Winning v2.0

Quoth Dan Waldron,

>> I set my Dimship to 100 Score Buoyancy, 100 BAC Ballast.
>> I buy 5 new DimShips. [[Nowhere does it limit the number of DimShips players
>> may have :) ]]
>> I name my five new DimShips Entropy Ship 1, Entropy Ship 2, Entropy Ship 3,
>> Entropy Ship 4 and Entropy Ship 5, respectively.

>> --
>> Wonko
>> wonders why e didn't do this earlier...
>>

> You are assuming that displacement due to your Entropy 2 is applied to
> your virtual position created by Entropy 1.  My reading of the rule was
> that dimensional displacement is applied to real player dimensions, not
> virtual player dimensions.

But for the purposes of a second DimShip, the new, displaced dimensions
caused by my first DimShip *are* my real dimensions.

"If a player owns a DimShip and has launched it, then rules that check eir
dimension values will check the values of eir virtual dimensions."

If some other rule checks my dimension values, it will get my normal values,
plus the some of all virtual values affecting me, such as my six or seven
DimShips.

> This might, however, allow you to exist in multiple places at once.  I'm
> not sure how we will deal with that.

That would certainly be interesting, but I'm afraid it's not the case.

--
Wonko