Glotmorf on 27 May 2002 06:59:41 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Pestilence

On 5/25/02 at 2:09 PM Jonathan David Amery wrote:

>> > I can't see that in the rules...
>> >
>> > WC.
>>
>> Sixth paragraph of r493: "DimShips can be landed at any time, and must
>be=
>>  landed when adding equipment or conducting repairs."
>>
> So it does.
>
> It does not say in r635 that Guns and Arm. are `equipment' though.
>Were I Wonk. I'd claim that this meant they wern't.
>
> As it is I just say:
>
> I do not Land.
>
> WC.

Well, I've got the American Heritage Dictionary listing "equipment" as "Something with which a person, an organization, or a thing is equipped."  I'd say offhand that if a Gun and Armor are bought for a DimShip, that constitutes equipping it, no?

We can go on with the word "equip": "1a. To supply with necessities such as tools or provisions. b. To furnish with the qualities necessary for performance."  Given that a Gun is necessary for performing shooting and Armor is necessary for performing protection from a shot, it sure seems like you're equipping your DimShip.

Dude...you've already voted, and it's almost the end of the nweek, which means you'll launch real soon...

						Glotmorf