Wonko on 23 May 2002 22:25:27 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Pseudocode action

Quoth bd,

> On Wednesday 22 May 2002 22:34, you wrote:
>> Quoth Glotmorf,
>>
>>> Mr. A...I submit the following pseudocode-structured action:
>>>
>>> while ((the game continues) and (I haven't cancelled this action))
>>> {
>>> if ((Wonko's LOOP, in its current form, is implemented)
>>> and
>>> (it is legal for players to take points from the Gremlin Fund))
>>> {
>>> while (at least 20 points remain in the Gremlin Fund)
>>> {
>>> I join the LOOP.
>>> I oust myself from the LOOP.
>>> }
>>> }
>>> }
>>>
>>> Glotmorf
>>
>> Nice try, but the LOOP says you can't join unless you've never been a
>> member. It's not actually a scam - it gives everyone 20 points and dies.
>
> They why not just give everybody 20 points outright?

I'm trying to point out the flaws inherent in the Charter Prop system. This
could have been far more nefarious - say, if I only allowed 1/3 of all
players to join, or restricted it to people playing football. But I didn't,
because I'm not trying to Scam the game, I'm just trying to make a point.
--
Wonko