Wonko on 21 May 2002 20:32:53 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: So this, then, must be legal?

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 5/20/02 at 6:41 PM Wonko wrote:
>
>> I make a Charter Prop:
>> {{
>> __Jumping through HOOPs__
>>
>> This is a Charter Prop.
>>
>> Create:
>>
>> {{
>> __HOOP mk. 2__
>>
>> There exists a Society called the Lovely Order of Points, or the LOOP.
>>
>> Players may join the LOOP if they have never been a member by declaring
>> that
>> they do so in a Public Forum.
>>
>> Any player may oust a member of the LOOP by taking 20 points from the
>> Gremlin Fund and giving them to the player being ousted.
>>
>> Wonko is the first member of the LOOP.
>> }}
>>
>> }}
>>
>> --
>> Wonko
>
> It's valid as a Charter Prop.  But the act of taking 20 points from the
> Gremlin Fund isn't permitted anywhere in the rules, so members of the LOOP
> can't be ousted at this time...

But members of the Club must abide by its Charter... That is in the rule. If
the rules declare that I must act in accordance with a text that permits me
to take points from the Gremlin Fund, then I can take points from the
Gremlin Fund.

--
Wonko