Glotmorf on 21 May 2002 06:40:58 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Prop 709 revision

On 5/20/02 at 4:54 PM Jonathan David Amery wrote:

>> [[ "Collection of same" meaning if someone wants to go to the trouble
>of=
>>  writing a web-friendly interface AND a lynx-friendly interface AND a=
>>  line-oriented interface, etc., it would all collectively be considered
>a=
>>  single "software system".  Personally I can see this being a desirable=
>>  thing, given enough actions to process. ]]
>
> breadbox had a voting machinery for acka where you could either use
>email (to the bot) or a web-browser, which worked quite well - I used
>both at times.
>
> WC.

How did the email voting work?  Did you have to put a password in the email, to prevent header-spoofing?  Or did it just rely on the "from" address?

I'm considering a password and session key combo for email voting, and for email proposal submission and revision.

						Glotmorf