Wonko on 20 May 2002 18:38:04 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: NWEEK 15 RESULTS

Quoth David E. Smith,

> Proposal 661/1 (One tequila, two tequila, three keteela, floor)
> (Baron von Skippy):
> Counts: (8-1-0-0). Measure passes.
> The first action requested cannot be completed, as Rule 498 doesn't have a
> sixth paragraph.

So what happens when a rule fails? The rule says that the actions listed
happen. Period. But they can't. Also period. Now what?

> Proposal 676/1 (Let's get some points!) (Wonko):
> Counts: (6-3-0-0). Measure passes.
> (This wasn't a Charter Prop, since it never said it was in the non-comment
> text of the document. It still passed, though.)

Sure it was a Charter Prop. It never says anywhere that Charter Props must
declare that they are Charter Props; it only says that the author must call
them such when e proposes them. I did.

> Proposal 684/1 (Bonus Boxes) (Wonko):
> Counts: (7-0-1-1). Measure passes.
> All Shiny Things and Scary Dark Things cease to exist, since there is no
> longer a rule defining them, and no part of the proposal changed them into
> Bonus Boxes.
> Cannot revise Rule 349: requested text isn't there, so I can't delete it.

Oops. That was supposed to be 394. Damn. And I meant to include a bit that
would put some new Boxes on. Damn again.

> Proposal 685/2 (Would You Like Fries with That?) (M-Tek):
> Counts: (8-2-0-0). Measure passes.
>
> Proposal 686/0 (Termination Procedures) (M-Tek):
> Counts: (8-2-0-0). Measure passes.

Neither of these happened. There is no M-Tek; it therefore cannot make Club
Props.

--
Wonko