Ed Murphy on 18 May 2002 19:06:31 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: I become a player (attempt #2)

J. wrote:

> nomic.net is a CNAME for charybdis.ellipsis.cx. At least one player's mail
> server is happier when the Sender is ellipsis.cx, so I changed it to that.
> Sorry if that caused problems for anyone. I see no reason to redesignate
> the public forum as a result, because spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx is the same
> list as spoon-business@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Except that the Administrator has declared them to be different.  And I don't
really want to argue otherwise, as it would require an impossibly ugly game
rewind to catch *all* messages sent to spoon-business@xxxxxxxxxxx and ignored
for that reason.

There are at least two non-trivial cases:  my first attempt at becoming a
player, and my attempted votes last nweek.  There are probably others as
well, possibly much further back in time.

--
Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>          "I'm not sure I can go through
http://members.fortunecity.com/emurphy/      with it.  Leave, I mean."