The Voice on 18 May 2002 03:27:35 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: ok dave...

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: ok dave...
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 23:20:51 -0400

On 5/17/02 at 11:18 PM The Voice wrote:

>>From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
>>Subject: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: ok dave...
>>Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 23:12:30 -0400
>>
>>On 5/17/02 at 11:11 PM The Voice wrote:
>>
>> >{{ __Time Freeze, my butt__
>> >
>> >Amend rule 3 by changing the text,
>> >
>> >"If the Clock is Off, no player may take any game-related actions except >> >actions which the rules specifically say may be taken while The Clock is
>> >Off."
>> >
>> >To the following:
>> >
>> >"If the Clock is Off, any game-related actions taken by players are
>> >recorded
>> >by the Administrator.  They are then implemented/recognized in reverse
>> >order
>> >of eir recieving them once the Clock is On."
>> >
>> >}}
>> >
>> >Didn't want it to just be like the Clock was on...
>> >
>> >-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-
>>
>>Why reverse order?
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>>

>See the comment after the proposal ended... it seemed like an effective
>way
>to make it different than if the Clock were just on... think of it as the
>Administrator's *recognize* box was getting filled up, and he started from
>the top.
>

>-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-

That...would get really screwy, with people trying to counteract submitted actions with actions that would occur before the already-submitted actions. I strongly recommend keeping it a simple buffered queue.

						Glotmorf

Aah, but then why turn the Clock off at all? that's just what happens normally. Perhaps something that says, "with the exception of changes of actions that are to be implemented afterwards" or the like?

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-