Wonko on 15 May 2002 20:47:32 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: M-Tek

Quoth Glotmorf,

> Creating a Club is an action.  R631: "Groups, as defined in Rule
> Five-Seven-Eight, also known as Clubs, can be formed by a Player making a
> Charter Prop, which is like a normal prop. in that it's added to the nweek
> ballot and voted on."  Thus a Charter Prop makes a change to the gamestate by
> bringing about the existence of a Club.  This doesn't require a change to the
> ruleset, any more than the Gnome Factory has to change the rules every time a
> gnome is generated.

Hmmm... So according to that sentence, the only thing a Charter Prop can do
is make Groups. Which means that my CFJ would be false - M-Tek was in fact
created. But nothing else in the charter proposal took effect, as no other
powers save simply creating clubs are given to CPs - so no rules governing
M-Tek exist. And M-Tek has no members, and is subsequently terminated as per
r578.

BTW, it also looks like r631 is telling us that r578 is also known as Clubs.
That's kind of confusing...
--
Wonko