bd on 14 May 2002 22:29:20 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: CFJ 688

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 06:11 pm, you wrote:
> Quoth Gavin Doig,
>
> >> CFJ 688 reads:
> >> "Statement: A player may drink a glass of champagne at any time,
> >> regardless of whether any glasses of champagne exist.
> >>
> >> "Analysis:
> >> Rule 503 states "A player may drink a glass of champagne by announcing
> >> that e is doing so in a public forum, this causes it to be destroyed."
> >> Admittedly, the "causes it to be destroyed" clause might *imply* that
> >> there has to be a glass of champagne there, but it doesn't actually seem
> >> to be *required* anywhere (and note that one could certainly drink
> >> someone else's champagne). Common sense would indicate this statement is
> >> false, but the rules take precedence, and they say one may drink."
> >>
> >> Ruling:
> >> After reading the rule in question, I have to, sadly, judge this CFJ to
> >> be TRUE.
> >>
> >> Analysis:
> >> There is no place where a price tag is put on a glass of Champagne.
> >> While I hope that this hole is patched soon, I would also note to uin
> >> that, having drunk in excess of two dozen glasses of bubbly (I counted),
> >> e now will be inebriated for about 20 nweeks, or, with no switches to
> >> wtime, 6 months, real-world. Go ahead, uin, throw a Beer Can. Copper's
> >> getting rusty.
> >>
> >> Bottoms up,
> >> BvS
> >
> > I think my irony meter just overloaded.
> >
> > Although - "in excess of two dozen"? I think not, unless you're counting
> > some from some previous nWeek.
>
> I count 23. So in 17 mweeks, or 5.5 months, you'll be less than inebriated
> again.
>
> Meanwhile...
> "There exists a Gremlin known as the Goon Gremlin, or Guido. If Guido is
> Active and in Limbo, and an Inebriated player in Limbo makes a proposal,
> 1d8 is rolled. On a 2 or 3, Guido Smacks that player, taking 4 of eir
> points. On a 1, Guido Throws that player in Elbonian Airways style at a
> random square of the Grid which is at least 3 squares away from any border
> of the grid."
>
> Remember him? You might want to include in the 'disinterested' prop. that
> they're treated as if they had the immunity idol as well...

Idea:

This is not a proposal: {{

This not-a-proposal is void.

__Hiccups__
{BAC inebriated,2}
Each nday, for each ineberiated player the administrator does there actions in
the order they are listed:

1. If the player has the attribute Hiccuping, the Attribute is cleared, and
the remainder of the steps are skipped for this player.
2. BACd6 is rolled, and it is between 2.5 * BAC and 3.5 * BAC, the player
gains the attribute Hiccuping.

If a player has the attribute Hiccuping, the text '*hic*", not including the
single quotes, should be inserted into all public forum text between letters.
There must be at least 1 *hic* per non-proposal sentence.

If a player does not add *hic* properly, they are guilty of Holding It In.

Add Holding It In to the LOGAS
}} End not-a-proposal

The above text is NOT a proposal.