Wonko on 14 May 2002 22:11:53 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: CFJ 688

Quoth Gavin Doig,

>> CFJ 688 reads:
>> "Statement: A player may drink a glass of champagne at any time, regardless
>> of whether any glasses of champagne exist.
>>
>> "Analysis:
>> Rule 503 states "A player may drink a glass of champagne by announcing that
>> e is doing so in a public forum, this causes it to be destroyed."
>> Admittedly, the "causes it to be destroyed" clause might *imply* that there
>> has to be a glass of champagne there, but it doesn't actually seem to be
>> *required* anywhere (and note that one could certainly drink someone else's
>> champagne). Common sense would indicate this statement is false, but the
>> rules take precedence, and they say one may drink."
>>
>> Ruling:
>> After reading the rule in question, I have to, sadly, judge this CFJ to be
>> TRUE.
>>
>> Analysis:
>> There is no place where a price tag is put on a glass of Champagne.  While I
>> hope that this hole is patched soon, I would also note to uin that, having
>> drunk in excess of two dozen glasses of bubbly (I counted), e now will be
>> inebriated for about 20 nweeks, or, with no switches to wtime, 6 months,
>> real-world. Go ahead, uin, throw a Beer Can. Copper's getting rusty.
>>
>> Bottoms up,
>> BvS
>>
> I think my irony meter just overloaded.
>
> Although - "in excess of two dozen"? I think not, unless you're counting some
> from some previous nWeek.

I count 23. So in 17 mweeks, or 5.5 months, you'll be less than inebriated
again.

Meanwhile...
"There exists a Gremlin known as the Goon Gremlin, or Guido. If Guido is
Active and in Limbo, and an Inebriated player in Limbo makes a proposal, 1d8
is rolled. On a 2 or 3, Guido Smacks that player, taking 4 of eir points. On
a 1, Guido Throws that player in Elbonian Airways style at a random square
of the Grid which is at least 3 squares away from any border of the grid."

Remember him? You might want to include in the 'disinterested' prop. that
they're treated as if they had the immunity idol as well...

--
Wonko