Wonko on 14 May 2002 21:37:19 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Prop change

Quoth Gavin Doig,

> Rule 155 doesn't work, and given that a proosal can alter the rules, rule 155
> can *never* work - any sufficiently convoluted proosal will be able to
> override it. (Excepting the discovery of the long-sought Immutable Rule, a
> beast for which we have as yet no evidence).

Hmm... How about,
{{
__The Immutable Rule__

If any player issues a proposal which directly or indirectly mentions this
rule, or a set of rules which includes this rule, or any text contained in
this rule, that player is immediately evicted from the game and all eir
proposals are destroyed. If any rule other than this one mentions this rule,
that rule is immediately repealed. If any proposal or rule other than this
one attempts to change this rule, that proposal or rule is entirely void. If
any proposal is made that, as one of its actions, gives a rule a Chutzpah
rating higher than that of this rule, this rule automatically amends itself
to change its Chutzpah to the highest mentioned Chutzpah plus 10. This rule
takes precedence over all rules.
}}

Or, quite simply,
{{
__Stagnation__ {* 500 *}

Players may not make proposals. This rule supercedes all other rules.
}}
--
Wonko