Wonko on 14 May 2002 21:28:17 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: NWEEK 15 BALLOT

Quoth Ed Murphy,

> David wrote:
>
>> The following measures are on the ballot for nweek 15:
>
> Did I become a player in time to vote on these?

Indeed you did. Although r20 attempts to stop you,

"Players who became a Player less than one full nday prior to the time at
which Voting on that given nweek's Ballot begins may not vote until the
following nweek's Voting.",

it then immediately contradicts itself,

"Each Player is eligible to vote on each issue on any given Ballot for the
duration of the voting for which the Ballot was issued."

As per r33,

"Whenever one section of a rule conflicts with another section of the same
rule, the section which appears later in the rule takes precedence over the
earlier section."

Thus, you may vote no matter how late you joined.

--
Wonko