Glotmorf on 14 May 2002 04:33:15 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Two non-Proposals

On 5/13/02 at 5:35 PM Ed Murphy wrote:

>Here are some simple test cases.  Am I doing anything wrong?
>
>In particular, why do players often say things like "Proposal 6-6-1"
>or "Proposal Six-Six-One"?  Is there a substantive requirement or
>benefit to doing so, or is it done just because it's interesting?

Rule 440, the Entropy rule.  As a Player's entropy gets higher, e has to use words of fewer and fewer syllables (think of structure breaking down as everything collapses into chaos).  "6-6-1" uses one-syllable words -- "six six one" -- as opposed to "661" -- "six hundred sixty one".  But that's not an issue now, because numbers are exempt from the Entropy restriction.

>-----
>
>Not yet a Proposal:  __Do Your Own Homework!__
>
>Amend Rule 466 (Radar) by replacing the text "reveal" with the text
>"reveal to that player".
>
>-----
>
>Not yet a Proposal:  __Avoid Conflicts of Interest__
>
>Replace the text of Rule 127 (Judges) with the following:
>{{
>When a CFI has been made, the Clerk of the Courts shall randomly select a
>Judge from the players eligible to Judge that CFI.
>
>The Clerk of the Courts is the Administrator, unless the Administrator is
>the
>Defendant, in which case the Clerk of the Courts is the player with the
>highest
>Score.  (If two or more players are tied for the highest Score, then the
>Administrator randomly chooses one of them.)
>
>The Plaintiff, Defendant, and Clerk of the Courts for a CFI are never
>eligible
>to Judge that CFI.
>
>Players on the LMJ are ineligible to Judge any CFI.  However, if this would
>result in a CFI with no player eligible to Judge it, then the player who
>was
>first added to the LMJ - excluding the Plaintiff, Defendant, and Clerk of
>the
>Courts - becomes eligible to Judge that CFI, and is selected as its Judge.
>}}
>

>--
>Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>          "I'm not sure I can go through
>http://members.fortunecity.com/emurphy/      with it.  Leave, I mean."

They look fine as to form and function.  No comment on their viability as actual proposals. :)

						Glotmorf