Glotmorf on 12 May 2002 17:55:58 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Sunday morning)

On 5/12/02 at 9:57 AM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth David E. Smith,
>

>> "Let's get some points!" is 676/1. (Since it creates something other than
>> a Charter - i.e. the rule "The Other Exploitation," I still don't think
>it
>> counts as a Charter Prop.
>
>The rule requires the Charter Prop to contain a Charter; it doesn't say it
>can't contain anything else. The *Charter* must consist of what the rule
>says; the Charter Prop has no such restrictions.
>
>--
>Wonko

Well, now, you see, that's why I made that other change last nweek, that changed "rule" to "charter".  Now there's nothing in r631 that says a Charter Prop makes rules, except for those that club members have to obey.

We had this argument last nweek.  R631 doesn't say a Charter Prop is a proposal; it only says a Charter Prop is "like a normal prop. in that it's added to the nweek ballot and voted on."  It doesn't say that a Charter Prop is like a normal prop in that it has rule-changing authority.  And therefore, according to the Default Case, it doesn't have rule-changing authority.  You can put a rule change into a Charter Prop, but the rule change can't be implemented.

I did call them hole plugs, guy...:)

						Glotmorf