Wonko on 12 May 2002 03:34:53 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: On being a classy bastard

Quoth Rob Speer,

> On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 10:43:29PM -0400, Alex Truelsen wrote:
>> I move to (11,10) and twiddle my thumbs.
>>
>> If that's not legal because it's technically 1.414 spaces instead of 1, I
>> move to (11,11).
>
> Hmm. I think this may be something we've been overlooking all along...
>
> It always seemed to me that the Grid should be on the chessboard (or
> maybe Manhattan) metric. It is, after all, a Grid.

r301:
"Players may only move from eir current location to any of the units
surround eir current location."

No 'one' involved. Just 'surround'. Which, all things considered, is
probably worse. Because it makes no sense. Rectification, anyone?
--
Wonko