Glotmorf on 8 May 2002 07:29:20 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: NWEEK 14 RESULTS

On 5/7/02 at 3:24 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>Proposal 645/0 (Wake Me When Yer Done, Dear) (Glotmorf):
>AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, Glotmorf, The Voice, Wild Card,
>ABS: Congenital Optimist, rachel,
>Counts: (5-0-2-0). Measure passes.
>Measure is vetoed by the Administrator.

Mithter A...I reviewed the Vote Counting rule (r30) and the Propothal Pathage rule (r32).

R30 readth, "Players may abstain from voting on a given issue by not submitting a vote on that issue or by explicitly indicating their abstention. Explicit abstentions shall be treated like votes during Voting, but when Voting has ended, they shall be treated as if the player had not submitted a vote."

Thith meanth, ath far ath vote-counting ith contherned, Abthtain voteth don't ecthitht.  Therefore, for vote-counting, there were only five voteth on p645, all affirmative.

R32 readth, "If the Administrator is not a player, e may veto a proposal by stating that e does so on a public forum. If a proposal is vetoed in this manner, but at least 3/4 of the votes counted for it were affirmative, the veto has no effect. Otherwise, the proposal is deemed to have failed."

Thith meanth, thinthe p645 got 5/5 of the voteth on it ath affirmative, and thinthe 5/5 ith more than 3/4, the veto hath no effect.

Thith thouldn't be all that hard to do...Whenever you get the final rethulth of a nweek pothted, you jutht thet the nday back to 1 and let it iterate on from there.  Ath RealPol liketh to thay, the webpage ithn't the gamethtate...ith jutht an ecthprethion of the gamethtate.  If the gamethtate ith that ith now nday 1 inthtead of nday 3 or nday 5, you're jutht correcting the clock.

						Glotmorf
						(lithping yet again)